The Digital Power & Motion MagEnc1 is a Magnetic Encoder designed to track the position of a linear/strip or
circular/ring magnet of alternating poles. It has the following specifications:
- Modbus RTU serial communications over RS-485.
- 5VDC input.
- 4-wire interface.
- Sensing distance or air gap to 0.25" using 0.09" Plastalloy magnetic strips from Electrodyne.
- Dynamic range of +/- 32767 counts (greater counting range possible with software change).
- Magnetic pole spacing range of 0.025" to 0.250".
- Position resolution to 0.025" possible.
- Small size of 1.08" x 2.27" x 0.13" allows mounting in tight quarters.
- 12" cable with quick-disconnect connector.
- LED indicator for visual feedback of proper operation (flashes with alternating poles).
- Multiple encoders can exist on the same bus.
- Direcly interfaces to EVFD10 Embedded Variable Frequency
Drive for position and speed feedback.